How to Get a Globally Recognized Vocational Trade Qualification from Australia?
The quality of higher and vocational education imparted by the Australian higher educational institution is absolutely world class. The certifications by Australian recognized institutions enjoy global acceptability and recognition. The reason for this worldwide acceptance of these certifications is the trust that is bestowed on the overall level and quality of Australian education.
What are vocational (Trade) courses?
There are scores of vocational education and training courses available in Australia. The vocational or simply called trade courses are meant for individuals looking to get practical jobs such as auto mechanics, electricians, plumbers, aircon technicians etc.
Vocational Education and Training in Australia
The vocational education and training courses in Australia are normally spread over 6 major levels.
Levels I to IV (Certificate Courses)
These courses are mainly meant for beginners to introduce industry specific skills. The courses normally span from six months to 2 years and the core focus of these courses remains industry focused hands-on practical training to prepare the students for a particular industry. Students enter level I and proceed till level IV. The course work includes classroom teaching as well as practical demonstrative training with some courses requiring a mandatory apprenticeship for gaining the certifications.
Diploma and Advanced Diploma
After clearing the first 4 levels of certifications, some students proceed further with their vocational qualification. They go for a formal diploma in the field which qualifies them to get an admission in an advanced diploma specializing in their field. The advanced diplomas usually require a practical experience spanning over a certain number of years before making an application for admission. After admission, it’s 1.5 to 2 years of full-time classroom and demonstrative training followed by exams and eventually; the qualification.
Example of enrolment in a trade course
In order to get a better understanding of how a new student enrols for a beginner level 1, let’s examine the following example. For instance, if you want to become an Automotive Mechanic without any prior knowledge of the trade, then you’ll begin at certificate level I of the Automotive Technology. At this point you’ll have the choice to select one of the following courses at level I
- Automotive Servicing Technology
- Automotive Electrical Technology
- Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology
- Mobile Plant Technology
- Automotive Diesel Engine Technology
- Automotive Body Repair Technology
- Automotive Refinishing Technology
- Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis
- Automotive Body Repair Technology
- Automotive Mechanical Overhauling
Once you have made your choice, you will enrol in your desired course, complete the coursework and sit for the certification exam followed by industry apprenticeship placement. This certification qualifies you for the level II of the certification and so on and so forth.
Have relevant professional experience and trade skills but lack the certification?
The above example is for regular students who want to undertake a regular trade qualification. However, there are several individuals out there who haven’t been through a formal vocational school to get certified. For instance, most of Aircon technicians or AC electricians have learned the trade on the job. These tradesmen and women are well-versed in fixing normal split units to big HVACs but lack a formal education that certifies their credentials. This means that their growth, at some point in their career, will be stagnated. They won’t be able to apply for better jobs or migrate to a developed country for a better life because of lack of these vocational trade qualifications. Although these trained and experienced individuals will have a better understanding of the subject and skills, but they won’t be able to compete with less experienced yet qualified tradesmen from the same field.
How to earn Globally Recognized Australian Trade Qualification without having to attend school again?
This is where Qualifications Australia steps in to help. Qualifications Australia is dedicated to bridging the gap between your professional experience and formal vocational trade certifications. After aligning your professional work experience with AQF through Qualifications Australia, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Align your overseas qualifications and professional work experiences with Australian Qualification Framework requirements.
- No need to attend any classes or training if you have valid and verifiable professional work experience.
- Meet the Australian industry, enterprise, educational, legislative or community education criteria.
- Meet National Quality Assurance requirements.
- Increase your employment opportunities in Australia with a secure career progression.
- Meet the qualification standards which may be a pre-requisite for Australian employment where overseas qualification may not be accepted.
- Get qualifications that have worldwide acceptance and recognition within 4 months.
- Qualify for better wages and renumeration packages in Australia as compared to those with overseas qualifications.
- The biggest benefit is that a recognized Australian certification entitles you for extra points when you lodge your application for any of the PR Visas that follow a points system.
Qualifications Australia takes up your case if you have valid work experience and our experts customize your application for the Australian vocational certificate / diploma awarding institutions so that your overseas education and experience is given a fitting parallel educational certification.
Which Trade Courses can we help you with?
QA can help you gain globally recognized vocational certifications for the following trade fields:
- Aircon/Refrigeration and Electrical
- Building and Construction
- Commercial Cookery and Hospitality
- Civil Construction
- Hair and Beauty
- Meat Processing
- Mining and Resources
Click here to see the details of these courses and get in touch with us today to convert your hard-earned professional experience into a globally recognized certificate.