Welcome to Australia
Australia is the dream migration destination for individuals and families seeking a secure future bundled with a premium lifestyle. Immigration to Australia is open and transparent, yet, highly competitive.
The continent is seeking talent with usable skills to work and live. There is no shortcut to migrate to any developed country and Australia is no different. How ever, contrary to complex immigration procedures, the Australian general skilled migration program is intuitive, robust and straight forward. In order to be eligible, the general criteria are your ability to achieve a pre-set number of points designated by the Australian Immigration authorities.
Australia is an independent Western democracy with a population of more than 22 million. It is one of the world’s most urbanised countries, with about 70 per cent of the population living in the 10 largest cities. Most of the population is concentrated along the eastern seaboard and the south-eastern corner of the continent.
Australia’s lifestyle reflects its mainly Western origins, but Australia is also a multicultural society which has been enriched by over six million settlers from almost 200 nations. Four out of ten Australians are migrants or the first-generation children of migrants, half of them from non-English speaking backgrounds.
Australia is a dream destination for many and a land of opportunity. A country with unique wildlife that you can still explore in their natural habitat. Australia can claim some of the best beaches in the world and the world’s largest coral reef system, the Great Barrier Reef, is listed as a UNESCO World heritage.
Australia’s excellent climate is a big attraction, with its cities boasting clean safe and unpolluted places to make your home. Australia has always been a popular country for migration as it is a great place to raise a family with its excellent educational system, great outdoor lifestyle and a strong sports culture and vibrant community.
Life is a continuous journey of seeking and choosing the pathway that best suits your life goals and values. Gaining the right Australian qualification helps you meet your career goals in an everchanging and competitive global job market and will see yourself in a rewarding career.
Australia offers a professional qualification that makes a difference. Australian qualification allows you to gain appropriate knowledge, understanding and skills with the relevant Australian standards.
Furthermore, the Australian qualification enjoys an international recognition and reputation.
If you are new to Australia or a newly arrived skilled migrant in Australia, Qualification Australia can help you obtain the most suitable Australian qualification or get your overseas qualification or work experience recognised to work in your area of expertise in Australia.
Australia has one of the world’s highest standards of living which is why so many people are seeking migration to Australia.
There is a wide variation of industries in Australia including: healthcare, manufacturing, mining, media and entertainment, agriculture, tourism and finance allowing many work options for migrants seeking relocation to Australia.
Australia has much to offer to intended migrants. Things that come to mind include:
- Amazing weather
- Fresh air and pollution free skies
- Great place to raise a family
- Peaceful multicultural society
- Outdoor lifestyle and sports
- Uncrowded living spaces
- Clean and safe communities
- World class educational systems
- Political stability and freedom of speech
- Beautiful beaches
- High wages
- High standard of living
Australians often abbreviate words and then add an ‘o’ or ‘ie’ on the end.
- G’day – an informal and traditional Australian greeting (shortened form of “Good day”);
- Mate – an informal friendly way of referring to someone.
- Fortnight – this term describes a period of two weeks.
- Barbecue, BBQ or barbie – outdoor cooking, usually of meat or seafood over a grill or hotplate using gas or coals.
- Cuppa – a cup of tea or coffee
- ‘Drop by this arvo for a cuppa’ means please come and visit this afternoon for a cup of tea or coffee.
- Fair dinkum – honest, the truth
- Chook – means a chicken
- Flat out – to be very busy
- Got to hit the frog & toad – means I am leaving or going to hit the road
- Bloke – a man. Sometimes if you ask for help, you may get be told to ‘see that bloke over there’
- Sheila – a woman
- How ya goin? – ‘How are you going?’ – means how are you, or how do you do?
- Biro – means pen
- Dead Horse – means pass me the sauce
- Dog & Bone – means the phone
- Sandshoe – means running shoes
- Budgie smugglers – short bathers
- Noah Arc – shark
The cost of living in Australia varies from state-to-state, city-to-city. Australia offers the highest minimum wage cost in the world. Sydney is one of the world’s most expensive cities to live in as per global cost-of-living expenses. Compared to other countries, Australia is considered to be expensive, but to Australians earning the local currency, it is affordable since the cost of living is in proportion to one’s earnings.
Overall, Australia has been enjoying its reputation for being a land of opportunity. The Australian dream is achievable for all people around the world.
There are several other reasons why one might choose to migrate to Australia including a strong and vibrant economy and plenty of recreational opportunities. Make it your reality by migrating to Australia and securing your dream lifestyle opportunity. Let Qualifications Australia help you and your family to get started today!